[NA-Discuss] My ATLAS II take away

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon Jul 14 21:34:24 UTC 2014

To use the language of the NARALO July 2014 meeting agenda 3.2.4, here’s my ATLAS II “take away:”

Garth Graham. A dark mirror of Internet use.  July 11, 2014.
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48347119/To%20account.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1405373073000&api=v2

This essay is an impressionistic summary of what I’m learned via participation in ATLAS II about ICANN’s alignment and sensitivity to the world that organizations like Telecommunities Canada inhabit.  I conclude that the individual Internet user is NOT yet at the heart of ICANN.  A major cultural shift, a re-framing of its way of doing things, would need to occur to make that happen.

GG