[NA-Discuss] R: [At-Large] STAFF ANNOUNCEMENT: Goodbye to Matt and Welcome to Xinyue (Ariel) Liang

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 19 23:49:23 UTC 2014

I am not good at speeches, but need to say a few words about Matt.
I have witnessed his work during the peak period of the BCEC activities.
We started in Buenos Aires, and I had to put a lot of pressure on Matt, in order to make up for a late start of the Committee. He worked very hard, during the whole meeting, and even the day after, to allow the call for candidatures to get out in a timely manner.
The second critical phase was the process of the candidatures and the sending of the reference letter requests. It could have been routine work, except that this happened, because of the way the timetable was set up, just in the Christmas - New Year holiday season.
If the BCEC was able to keep the very tight deadlines (actually, we closed two days before the deadline) it is also for the dedication, professionalism and competence of Matt.
Thank you, Matt, good luck for your new challenges.

And a warm welcome to Ariel.
Your CV looks impressive, I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with you.

Cheers,
Roberto