[NA-Discuss] Finance and Budget Subcommittee Call Report

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Mon Feb 10 21:06:57 UTC 2014

Hi Glenn,

As I am back to work now from stress leave, I am replying to this publicly.  The members of the Outreach Committee are listed here:  https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Outreach.  Unfortunately, Murray has not put himself forward on this list so could not be considered.  Eduardo and I are the only two on the Outreach Group.  This left me as HAVING to step forward.  The Finance committee is comprised of myself and Allan Skuce.  Thankfully, Allan stepped up to represent us as well.

Unfortunately, the monthly minutes (which are to be forwarded to Staff by the Secretariat) made absolutely no mention of this conversation so I was unaware of this error made by the regional leadership.

I hope that this clarifies the situation - although quite a bit late.

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [mailto:na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of Glenn McKnight
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 1:38 PM
To: Darlene Thompson
Cc: na-discuss
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Finance and Budget Subcommittee Call Report

Hi Darlene
Thanks for the update.   Regarding  the CROPP  PPC appointees.  My
understanding from our last call the Murray would be the designate from Outreach and we still need the assigned person from Finance.

Evan has some suggestions for January and we need their names to forwarded
soon since it's a 8 week turn around time.   The event is the CES show in
Vegas in January.

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
skype  gmcknight
twitter gmcknight
.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Darlene Thompson <thompson.darlene at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> These are just some of the things that I noticed from today's call
> that may be of interest to you:
>
> 1.  Again this year, ICANN will not have set its budget priorities
> until AFTER we are expected to have put in our budget requests.  So,
> again, we will be moving in the blind, shooting at a moving target.
>
> 2.  This next year there will be no short track as the powers that be
> thought that we all found that too confusing.  Everything will be
> short tracked.
>
> 3.  When doing budget requests, DO NOT put in any requests for travel
> to outreach events.  This will now be handled by the new CROPP
> program.  More information will be coming out from CROPP as to the
> exact parameters and procedures to be used.
>
> 4.  The CROPP Review Team is to be comprised of volunteers from each
> RALO's Outreach Group and Finance Board Sub Committee Group (one from
> each, totaling 10).  Eduardo is on the Outreach Group but as he is
> part of the CROPP Team, he cannot serve.  This left me serving on both
> groups but with the happy addition of Allan Skuce on the FBSC so,
> between the two of us, we can have these positions covered.
>
> Darlene

------
NA-Discuss mailing list
NA-Discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org