[NA-Discuss] Regional Advice sought on the application of the Consumers Council of Canada to become an ALS in Naralo

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Wed Dec 17 18:25:01 UTC 2014

Dear Naralo Members

The Consumers Council of Canada, based in Toronto, Canada is seeking to become an ALS.  They are going through a due diligence process and I want to see approval as Acting Secretariat of other members in NARALO about their application and whether we should support their interest in becoming an ALS in Naralo. I am seeking any comments you have on this group and your thoughts on them wanting to become an ALS.  To meet our due date of the end of this month, please send me your responses by December 24, 2014

Glenn McKnight is the person who had originally reached out them and encouraged them to apply, According to Glenn, They have been doing some interesting research funded by CIRA
http://www.cira.ca/about-cira/community-investment-program/

Consumers Council of Canada develops practical guidelines for the display of findable, usable and relevant online agreements (i.e., End User License Agreement, Terms of Use/Service, Privacy Policy) to improve understanding of increasingly important terms and conditions and privacy considerations relevant to most Canadians, expanding the trust required for a healthy, sustainable Internet environment.

The Council works on specific sponsored projects with private sector organizations interested in reviewing their work to improve their relationship with consumers by setting up systems or communications that better respect consumer rights and the ability of consumers to exercise their marketplace responsibilities. “ The Consumers Council also works closely with the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS). http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Please do not hesitate to contact me on or off the list.

Best,

Judith Hellerstein
Acting Secretariat NARALO

Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
Hellerstein & Associates
3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide