[NA-Discuss] Nomination of Louis Houle for NomCom

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Tue May 28 18:23:29 UTC 2013

On 5/28/13 11:15 AM, Glenn McKnight wrote:
> I would  like to nominate Louis  Houle  a long standing  NARALO ALS  from
> ISOC Quebec and one of lone voices from the francophone community in the
> sea of anglophones
> He has a long history working with government and journalism and is
> retiring from the Quebec government and would serve NARALO well as our
>  NOMCOM  representative and I'm sure his family wants him to keep busy.
> If you recall he was very active in the NARALO  outreach table volunteering
> along with Monique a substantial amount of time speaking to potential
> NARALO members and ICANN newcomers  in English, French and Spanish.

I second the nomination of Louis Houle. I've known Louis through the
.quebec project and though the NA-Discuss list. He has been, like
Sébastien Bachollet earlier in the larger ICANN community, one of the
few non-anglophones who has consistently contributed to policy and
process discussions.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon