[NA-Discuss] gTLD objections -- the story so far
evan at telly.org
Wed Mar 6 21:21:50 UTC 2013
According to the defined process, if THREE of the five regions support an
objection put forward by Dev's Review Group, that objection gets elevated
to ALAC for a vote.
Right now, five objections are being considered -- four for the Latin
string ".health" and a fifth based on a Chinese-script IDN variant of
".health" (that could also be read as ".healthy")
Some other RALOs have already given their direction.
- LACRALO has formally advanced all five.
- APRALO and AFRALO have advanced the four Latin ones but not the IDN one
- EURALO and NARALO have not povided direction.
What this means is that:
- The objections against the four Latin strings will be advanced to ALAC
regardless of what NARALO and EURALO do
- The IDN string can only be advanced if *both* EURALO and NARALO choose
to do so.
Now the debate constinues, as the ALAC must now (at least) consider the
four remaining objections. I have been following the discussion here to
date and will continue to use the discussion to help determine how to vote,
At the beginning of this debate I was truly undecided, so I am prepared to
vote in accordance with my reading of the region's preference.
Em: evan at telly dot org
More information about the NA-Discuss