[NA-Discuss] Suspension of Posting Privileges for Eric Brunner Williams

Kieren McCarthy kieren at dot-nxt.com
Sat Jun 22 02:29:38 UTC 2013

So, to recap:

During elections, someone who says they wish to stand for chair is:

* Told they insulted someone two months earlier
* Suspended from posting to an open list
* Told that their credentials are not correct
* Informed that they are not eligible to stand for chair

In order to be allowed to continue, this person is told to:

* Apologize for a message that so far no one has been able to ascertain who
it is and what he should be apologizing for
* To resubmit his ALS application - which presumably would push him past
the election time

When this series of events is questioned by other members of the community,
we learn the following:

* All the decisions made were made by the Chair and Secretary with some
level of consultation with the ALAC chair
* That it was a "really hard" decision and that those three people are
committed to open discussion, despite the clear evidence otherwise

When no less than four community members continue to question the process,
the response is that these three people stand by their decision. No other
information is provided.

So, some questions:

* Who exactly did Eric Brunner-Williams insult and by saying what? No one
on this list has seen any evidence of it.

* When exactly did the NARALO chair and secretary get to decide they could
introduce arbitrary conditions for membership of the organization?

* Where are these discussions documented and why did the parties in
question not use the Ombudsman process rather than decide between
themselves what the appropriate action was?

* Why do "elected" NARALO representatives feel that they do not have to
respond to the clear concerns expressed by the community they are there to
represent?

This is really poor even for the low standards set by NARALO.

Kieren

Kieren McCarthy
CEO | .Nxt, Inc.
+1 415 937 1451