[NA-Discuss] Ramping up for the election - General Procedures

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Jun 1 02:49:38 UTC 2013

Actually, according to the NARALO operating procedures, the process
is a bit more formal than that.

Regarding the selection of the unaffiliated rep, the procedures also
cover that, and as one of the final acts as this year's rep, I will
oversee the process.

As a reminder to anyone who is interested, to be an unaffiliated
member of NARALO, one must submit a Statement of Interest indicating
that he/she meet the following criteria:

- be subscribed to the NA-Discuss list;
- be a permanent resident of one of the countries/territories in the
North American region as defined by ICANN;
- not be a member of a certified ALS.

Such an unaffiliated membership continues until or unless one of the
criteria is fails to be satisfied (ie leaves the list, ceases to be a
resident of NA, or is a member of an organization that is or becomes
a NARALO ALS).

I note that membership in ISOC Canada, which has just become an ALS,
is an example of a reason for losing unaffiliated status.

Alan