[NA-Discuss] Building consensus on dealing with the election tie

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Wed Jul 24 21:39:26 UTC 2013

Thank you!!!  That was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember his name.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
From: evanleibovitch at gmail.com [evanleibovitch at gmail.com] on behalf of Evan Leibovitch [evan at telly.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:09 PM
To: Thompson, Darlene
Cc: NARALO Discussion List
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Building consensus on dealing with the election tie

On 24 July 2013 17:07, Thompson, Darlene <DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca<mailto:DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca>> wrote:
Actually, there is a precedent in NARALO for the shared Secretariat position.  This was in Puerto Rico where the Chair and Secretariat were first decided.  It was there decided that the Secretariat could be shared and it was shared for a time between myself and a gentleman from ISOC Quebec who's name eludes me right now.  He retired some months later so the job fell to me.

At the time of NARALO formation, the ISOC Québec representative was Luc Faubert.

- Evan