[NA-Discuss] IMPORTANT: At-Large Objection Statements posted for RALO review - deadline for RALO advice to ALAC is March 5 2013

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Wed Feb 27 03:12:33 UTC 2013

On 2/26/13 11:06 AM, ICANN At-Large Staff wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please see an important message being sent on behalf of Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Chair of the At-Large new gTLD Review Group:

I offered objections to each of:

.amazon

.patagonia

.health

.nyc

I sent these directly to Dev, and I resent them to the NA-Discuss
list, to which Dev has posted in the past, and is, or was, a
subscriber, and so might have a second opportunity to notice a
response to his solicitation for comment.

I also tried to find a means to add my comments to the wiki, but
lacked write permission on the wiki. I pointed this out to Dev in mail
as well.

I've the impression that Dev's original mail was pro-forma, that no
response was actually anticipated, or recognized -- at least, I can
see no effect in having bothered to respond to Dev, directly, via the
list, or attempting to engage directly in the wiki to record a comment.

I concur with the observations of RJGlass that there is something
wrong with the current process.

I also point out that the preemptive discard of objections _from_ the
North American Region to applications _from_ the North American Region
to expropriate significant regional identifiers originating _in_ any
other region, South America in the instant cast, is _peculiar_.

If the North American regional at-large entity can't object to the
rapacious acts of North American for-profit corporate actors, that
leaves only unpaid collaboration in theft, through "silence" and/or
actual objection suppression, which appears to be the instant case.

Eric Brunner-Williams