[NA-Discuss] 2nd revision of NARALO Operating Procedures

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 8 20:07:27 UTC 2013

At 08/08/2013 02:12 PM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>Doesn't the second sentence of #13 contradict #19?

No, as 13 is only for ALAC seats and 19 is for Chair/Secretariat.

>In any case I still prefer the original form of #13; if you like add
>the word "secret" before "vote" but I'm not sure what is broken in
>this specific spot that needs fixing. That NARALO has used consensus
>more often than other regions is IMO a feature, not a bug, and
>needless synchronization with other regions for its own sake is not
>a worthwhile goal.

As noted, I can live with the old form. The new version just
explicitly gives the Chair the ability to make a judgement call and
stay within the rules.

>I thought were were going for a minimal set of changes to
>accommodate problems specifically raised by the current voting
>situation; anything beyond that should be off the table right now.

Someone raised the issue and I responded. Happy to back it out. It is
a bit past what we NEED to do now.

Alan