[NA-Discuss] 2nd revision of NARALO Operating Procedures

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 8 16:48:15 UTC 2013

Based on comments, I have made a few more changes. These are shown in BLUE.

12/13. Normal procedure in the ALAC is now to hold secret votes for
elections/selections that are contended. The changes to 12 and 13
allow the NARALO to do this as well. This is in fact how we have been
operating, so the change just ratifies our existing behavior.

16. Correct and error that said a suspended ALS could regain their
active status by voting, but voting is the thing they are not allowed
to do if inactive. Also added a provision whereby NARALO can request
the the ALAC de-certify an essentially defunct ALS. The ALAC would
still need to conduct due diligence, so the procedures in NARALO do
not need to be exceedingly detailed.

Last call for additional issues?

Alan