[NA-Discuss] Connecting.nyc Inc.- ALS Application 171

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Oct 31 20:54:11 UTC 2012

As most will be familiar Connecting.NYC founder Tom Lowenhaupt has long
campaigned for the .nyc TLD, and other city TLDs, to be used for community
rather than commercial purposes.

He has regularly held public meetings in the city to promote this idea.

He has,since 2010, been a board member of ISOC-NY - an existing ALS - .and
did travel to Toronto on our behalf. Whether this creates a conflict I
leave up to others to ascertain, but I am sure he would be prepared to step
down from his ISOC-NY post if required.

joly

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:35 PM, ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> This is to inform you that we received an ALS application from
> Connecting.nyc Inc. It is based in New York, USA. and would be a member of
> NARALO  if accepted.
>
> Please find the application form attached. We will provide the due
> diligence
> for this application in due course.
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber-White, Matt Ashtiani,
> Nathalie
> Peregrine
>
> ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
>
> E-mail:  <mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org> staff at atlarge.icann.org

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com