[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Connecting.nyc Inc.- ALS Application 171

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Nov 1 06:09:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-10-31 7:11 PM, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us> wrote:

> All,
>
> .nyc is indeed an application by the New York City government and is not
a Neustar property as is referenced below.

Hmm. Let's recall what Eric said exactly:

> new york is a neustar property

I don't think that anyone is actually under the belief that Neustar owns
the city. Eric's opinion in regard to branding and TLDs is fair comment
(and one with which I, and I suspect others, are sympathetic).

> . There is no connection between Tom and the .nyc application at this
point in time.

That is unfortunate, and IMO clearly the loss of the city, its TLD, and the
public interest.

- Evan