[NA-Discuss] [lac-discuss-en] REMINDER: COMMENTS REQUESTED: Proposed At-Large Vision Statement - Deadline for Comments 17 May

Cintra Sooknanan cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:39:38 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks for circulating this draft Vision Statement. I would have liked to
see a clear plain language and easily translatable Vision. Phrases
like  "brings their voice to bear in all ICANN matters" are just vague in
my opinion. Vision Statements must have a mechanism of measurement as to
whether they are being met or not and therefore must be precise.

Also I find it is inapt for the ALAC to be the first structure mentioned in
an At Large Vision statement. Perhaps the intention is the mix the two? But
I would advise against this route, and instead suggest providing a Vision
Statement of ALAC separately.

My amended proposed At-Large Vision Statement is:

*       The At-Large community catalyzes and facilitates inclusive,
tangible and
meaningful participation of  Internet end-users worldwide in ICANN matters,
particularly through its work in strengthening the RALOs, its
representation by the ALAC and its selection of the ICANN At-Large Board
Member.

Kind regards

Cintra Sooknanan