[NA-Discuss] On ICANN and Conflict of Interest

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Mar 26 20:28:28 UTC 2012

Hello all,

As some of you might recall, CofI became a very hot topic for ALAC at the
Costa Rica ICANN meetings, in no small part thanks to NARALO's and Beau's
efforts.

Beau proposed a NARALO motion which is still on the record and can
certainly be sent in its current form. In order to make it more palatable
without (hopefully) dulling the tone or the intent of the message, a number
of people have take a stab at a statement which could be adapted by all
ALAC. In Costa Rica, committed to Beau that I would be submitting a
statement on the issue for consideration a the next ALAC meeting since we
ran out of time that week.

The present workspace where this is being debated is at
https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+ICANN+Board+Conflicts+of+Interest+Review+-+Revised+Conflicts+of+Interest+Policy+and+Related+Governance+Documents+Workspace
--
it includes a number of suggested statements including one of my own.

Please have a look and comment. Especially helpful would be feedback for my
own version, found near the bottom of the page.

Thanks!

--
Evan Leibovitch
Toronto Canada