[NA-Discuss] IMPORTANT - NARALO Elections

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Fri Jul 6 18:44:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Well, its "that time of year" again!

As per our Rules of Procedures, the Secretariat is to issue a call for SOIs for elected positions on July 1 of each year.  I was going to do this on Monday's meeting but since there seems to be confusion on that matter, I won't allow that to cause us further delays.

We need to elect three positions:  ALAC, Chair and Secretariat.  The current ALAC seat that is now coming up for election is the one that Evan is holding.  Evan has ran for one term and is eligible for a second, if he chooses to run.  The Chair and Secretariat positions are elected on a year-by-year basis.

Our ROP states that we are to allow a 30 day period to collect Statements of Interest for these positions during the 30 day period after this announcement.  The deadline for accepting SOIs, therefore will be Aug. 5, 2012.  If you are interested in any of these positions, please send your SOI to the list to be gathered.  We do not have any specific format for such SOIs - people generally just state what position that they are interested in and what they might bring to the position.  It is in our ROP that we are to try to choose these positions by concensus but if there is no consensus then a vote is to be called.

Questions?  Comments?  General discussion?  SOIs?  Bring them on!

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910