[NA-Discuss] Susan Crawford Op-ed on new gTLDs

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Mon Jan 9 17:25:35 UTC 2012

…

>> Now if you want to say Registrars never ever  listened to ALAC and ICANN never listens to anyone on the subject of Registrar behavior or to ALAC on the issues on enforcement, you may be on safer ground, I don't know as I have not followed the ALAC-Regsitrar-ICANN interaction on this particular topic.
>
> Avri - do you honestly think I'm on this mailing list for my own personal pleasure? :)

Far be it for me to discuss what you do or do not do for your personal pleasure.

As I said, I have not really followed the Registrar-ALAC interaction, so could not really comment.  My point was that specific statements about specific areas of ICANN-ALAC should be the focus and that hyperbole (something I engage in at times, I must admit) rarely holds up to  inspection or counter-example.

> There might be a gap between registrars and ALAC, but that's a two way street.

Perhaps it would help to produce some of the counterexamples where the Registrars have indeed taken the advice of ALAC to heart and changed something because of it.

cheers,

avri