[NA-Discuss] draft/reviving the RAA working group

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jan 4 23:09:21 UTC 2012

Hello Beau,

thanks for launching this again, although the text of the message should
have "Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO), not "Services".
Also -- bearing in mind there is a comment sought from the ALAC on RAA
amendments
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/raa-amendments-prelim-issue-report-12dec11-en.htm

currently with a first draft worked on by Carlton, with both Alan &
Holly Raiche also offering to lend a hand, it might be worth rebuilding
the RAA-WG list in parallel?

Best wishes for 2012,

Olivier

On 04/01/2012 03:41, Beau Brendler wrote :
>    Dear staff,
>
>    I'd like to ask for your help in reviving the RAA-WG list, which we have
>    been meaning to do for a while now.
>
>    Can we do it with a minimum of language, to get the thing restarted, and
>    then provide logistical details and whatnot on the second or third mailing.
>    We  should send it to the old RAA-WG mailing list. I would suggest the
>    subject line:
>
>    Renewing Interest in a Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) working group
>
>    Text:
>
>    You're receiving this note because of an expression of interest, or because
>    of previous membership in the Registrar Accreditation Agreement working
>    group convened by the Generic Names Services Organization.
>
>    Because of some important activity regarding the RAA, we would like to ask
>    you to join a new group, this time convened by the at-large community.
>    Membership is open to anyone, but the group's intent will be to determine
>    and represent the interests of Internet users, not contracted parties.
>    Discussion will be free and open and not limited or prescribed.
>
>    If you're interested, send a reply to XXXXX.icann.org and we will send you
>    information about what's going on with the RAA, when the meetings will be,
>    and  other  things you will want to know. The first meeting will be by
>    teleconference in late January, at a date and time to come, with the intent
>    to develop an in-person discussion agenda for the forthcoming Costa Rica
>    meeting.
>
>    Thanks and Regards,
>
>    Beau Brendler, working group chair
>
>    Chair, NARALO