[NA-Discuss] "Domain Protection Racket" chain

Beau Brendler beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 20:57:02 UTC 2011

As long as this discussion remains cordial and informative, it's useful to all of us. May it continue as such.

As NA RALO chair and admin of the list, however, I want to remind everyone that the NA-discuss list is just that, a discussion list for members of the NA-RALO (North American at-large regional organization).

Those who are, by employment or ownership, a member of a contracted party to ICANN, should not use this list to attempt to silence or harass the volunteer members of NA-RALO in the process of carrying on reasonable discussions. (I am not saying anyone involved in this discussion has done this, but it has occurred in the past.)

In other words, we need oxygen in this room. So please be aware that members of the NA RALO are not accountable to contracted parties for the substance of their discussions. Please do trust that we are responsible enough in the NA RALO to challenge erroneous or inappropriate claims made during the course of a discussion -- if and when we see fit to do so.

If you are a contracted party and want to see methodology or research behind a statement or claim made by a member of the NA RALO on this list, I ask that you contact that person off-line outside the discussion (please let me know if you need contact info). Newcomers to this list and to the at-large need to feel comfortable asking questions and communicating freely here without being "challenged" by contracted parties, even if that is not the intent.

Thanks

Beau Brendler