[NA-Discuss] Length of At-Large Comment Periods

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Tue May 31 18:57:54 UTC 2011

I think that Danny has raised an excellent point and I would like to hear from staff on this issue.

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [mailto:na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of Danny Younger
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:51 PM
To: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
Cc: na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: [NA-Discuss] Length of At-Large Comment Periods

As of late, I have noticed that when a Call for Comments is issued to the at-large community, the time-frame for providing comments in response to the Call is far from sufficient.  Below I have listed the last eight Call for Comment cycles (announcement dates and comment closure dates are shown); the available time for comments can at best be described as a few days.  A few days is simply not enough time for most individuals, and I can't imagine that organizational entities would take any comfort in the present arrangement.  It would be appreciated if something could be done to improve the present situation.

1.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement on the Public Call by the Stability, Security and Resilience of the DNS Review Team

Announced 01 April
Deadline  03 April

2.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement on the Proposed Framework for the FY12 Operating Plan and Budget

Announced 04 April
Deadline  04 April

3.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement on the Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Working Group Proposed Final Report

Announced 20 April
Deadline  22 April

4.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement to the ICANN Board on the RAA Negotiations

Announced 22 April
Deadline  29 April

5.  Call for Comments:  JAS WG Second Milestone Report

Announced 08 May
Deadline  09 May

6.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement on the Proposal for Renewal of the .NET Registry Agreement

Announced 11 May
Deadline  15 May

7.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement on Academia Representation on NomCom

Announced 20 May
Deadline  25 May

8.  Call for Comments:  ALAC Statement on eG8 Forum

Announced 20 May
Deadline  22 May

------
NA-Discuss mailing list