[NA-Discuss] Comment on the .NET auto-renew and contract terms

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Mon May 9 14:03:55 UTC 2011

Hi Eric,

On 9 May 2011, at 09:46, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> If there is anyone who wishes to go on record questioning the wisdom
> of auto-renewal for Verisign's franchises, and/or ending monopoly in
> the registry function, drop me a line today as comments close tomorrow.

Not that we have a great record of working together, but I would be interested in seeing some telling and convincing comment made.

My problem is that the contract itself and the contractual conditions recommended by the GNSO give a presumption of renewal (I argued against it in the Task Force but as usual, was not successful it getting it removed).  How do we get around that?

a.