[NA-Discuss] Oversight Hearing

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Wed May 4 17:56:42 UTC 2011

On 4 May 2011, at 13:21, Danny Younger wrote:

> In today's oversight hearing, Kurt Pritz pegged the number of probable new first-round gTLDs at 200.  This is a number lower than I recall having been mentioned before.  Is my memory faulty, or is this a new development?

I thought he was answering a question about how many he expected in the next year and not in the whole process.  But am not sure.

And of course any number is a guess - and especially if a GAC objection is enough to throw out an application or at least delay it interminably, we might see far fewer.

I was at a meeting last week with a bunch of active guessers and would estimate that 200 was the mean guess.  i guessed 500, but that was probably wishful thinking.

a.