[NA-Discuss] Edits and comments to NARALO/ ALAC position statement on GAC scorecard

Richard Tindal richardtindal at me.com
Fri Mar 25 23:59:40 UTC 2011

It would be good to see a substantive discussion of the many points raised by Antony in his recent post - most of which I agree with.

There doesn't seem to be a broad ALAC dialogue on this very important report.   Some of the items in the report do not appear logical,  and other items
seem to represent changes in GNSO policy recommendations.

If accepted, the report's recommendations will significantly delay new TLDs as extensive new processes and language will have to be developed for the Applicant Guidebook.
A prime example is the implementation of a fair mechanism to introduce TLDs in limited rounds.  In 2 years discussion of that topic I have not yet heard
an implementation proposal that wouldn't favor well funded, technologically savvy or politically connected applicants.

With such limited input does this report truly represent the ALAC's position?

Regards

Richard Tindal