[NA-Discuss] Comment on the GAC Scorecard (2.2.3)

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Mar 18 16:27:30 UTC 2011

Hi Danny and Eric,

It will be interesting to note that, at the ALAC level at least (and
certainly in my own point of view), there is a shift in emphasis away from
"consumer" and towards "end user", and away from "choice" and towards
"trust". Too much of ICANN's approach to the Internet end-user world has
been through the eyes of suppliers approaching their markets. This may be
accurate wrt registrants, but not end users.

Also, I am not sure if the .xxx experience is at all indicative of the
objection process envisioned for future gTLDs, either by ALAC ot the status
quo as expressed in the DAG.

- Evan

PS: The ".wales" proposal is actually ".cymru" -- until November it would
have been ".cym" but lost that entitlement in favour of the Cayman Islands.