[NA-Discuss] Please confirm your participation at the NARALO Showcase

Beau Brendler beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 4 17:48:20 UTC 2011

I really don't see the point in asking Consumers Union for a letter. I created WebWatch, ran it for eight years, it lost its funding and it died when I left. The advocacy staff that did telecommunications policy at Consumers Union is gone. I would not even be able to direct you to anyone there now who would know what an ALS or RALO is. And if I could, it would be August 2189 AD before anyone would write to answer you.

According to this note from Matthias:
Hi Beau,

We have taken WebWatch off the showcase speaker list.

According to the current rules, there are two possible procedures to
de-certificate a North-American ALS:

1) A representative of the organisation sends a resignation note
2) NARALO requests the ALAC to decertify an ALS

Please inform the At-Large Staff, if NARALO would like to explore one of
these options.

Kind Regards,
Matthias

I already did #1 almost two years ago. The letter went to Nick Ashton-Hart.

As for 2), I don't see a point in asking ALAC to de-certify an ALS that no longer exists. Who needs more bureaucratic procedure?