[NA-Discuss] (US Interest) White House Rural Council establishment

ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sun Jun 12 16:33:41 UTC 2011

Colleagues,

The rural areas, and rural populations, of North America, lie "outside"
of the usual "At Large Structure".

For those with an interest in national policy intended to benefit rural
government and civil society, as well as encourage economic development,
this may be of interest.

Here's the URL:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/06/09/executive-order-establishment-white-house-rural-council

I'll be looking at it. I don't assume there are "ICANN ALAC NARALO" issues
present, but portions of the US Broadband Plan relate to rural access, and
to infrastructure, which without torturing the statue or the NTIA's plan
of record, could include DNS policy and implementation issues, as well as
addressing and routing issues, so it is a remote possibility.

Eric