[NA-Discuss] Pre-registrations

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 16:44:35 UTC 2011

Eric,

You raise several valid points.

With regard to an ALAC Statement on the proposed renewal of Verisign's contract to operate the .net registry, the ALAC has already generated a Statement that may be found here:

https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/14713246/AL-ALAC-ST-0511-3+ALAC+Statement+on+Proposal+for+Renewal+of+NET+Registry+Agreement+-+EN.pdf

I concur with your observation that those in receipt of travel support by virtue of their offices should be better attuned to the needs of the community they serve.  I, speaking just for myself, will admit to hoping for an enhanced level of communication from the office of the NARALO Secretariat.

Beyond that, I continue to be astounded by the appalling lack of discussion to be found in the ALAC archives (not a new development, but disappointing nonetheless).

I'm similarly troubled by the lack of "work" being done within most ALAC Working Groups and Committees (where discussion levels tend to approach "non-existent").

Finally, as NARALO officers have already weighed in on this topic, I am confident that your concerns are being noted and will likely be addressed in the immediate future..