[NA-Discuss] Nomination of Annalisa Roger

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Jul 26 16:50:08 UTC 2011

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evan at telly dot org
Sk: evanleibovitch
Tw: el56

On 26 July 2011 12:34, Beau Brendler <beaubrendler at earthlink.net> wrote:

> ???
>
> When the previous person was sent, I seem to remember it being the result
> of a vote among Alan Greenberg, Robert Guerra and myself.
>
> If there's no vote, why would we need to nominate? People could just submit
> their names to the non com committee, yes? Anyway, I will defer to others'
> take on ROP.

The region can only recommend who the ALAC should send on its behalf. ALAC
can -- and has -- overruled regional advice. This is why the original choice
was made between the three North American ALAC reps, In those early days the
rest of ALAC had little to do besides defer to the joint decision of those
three,

Four years later the situation is not significantly different, though with
time some of the people are known -- for better or worse -- to the rest of
ALAC.

- Evan