[NA-Discuss] Geographic Regions Statement

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jan 27 19:29:42 UTC 2011

Hi Wendy,

The pestering is not coming from staff.

It's coming from corners that are looking to put forward an ITU-like model
that lumps the entirety of the Western Hemisphere under a single "Americas"
region.

In this regard, I've been told that even a "hold the status quo" message is
preferable to "no comment" which implies " everyone else can do whatever
they want"

So I'm propose this wording:

"NARALO finds that the current situation in this region is satisfactory but
encourages the work of other At-Large regions in which the current system
may be seen to require change.We would strongly oppose any regional model
(such as the ITU) that would amalgamate all of the Western Hemisphere into a
single "Americas" region."

Is anyone here *in favour* of merging the two Americas regions?

- Evan

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evan at telly dot org