[NA-Discuss] Geographic Regions Statement

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jan 27 16:11:40 UTC 2011

On 27 January 2011 10:49, Thompson, Darlene <DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am just checking, here.  The deadline for regional comments is tomorrow
> night on the Geographic Regions Statement.  Here is the link to the comments
> made by other regions:
>

> https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Interim+Report+of+Geographic+Regions+Review+Working+Group+-+Community+Workspace
>
> Do we wish to submit a comment on this?

Don't think there's much for our three-country region to contribute.

The only issues even of marginal interest (about which I've seen no
discussion) are:
- Whether some parts of the Caribbean identify more with North America than
South America
- The status of protectorates that "belong" to one country but are located
in a different region
  (ie, do we 'trade' Guam for St. Pierre?)

In all, I may have some opinions, but nothing strong enough to constitute
the basic for a regional statement. This issue means a great deal more to
other regions.

- Evan