[NA-Discuss] Call for comment ASAP on ICANN strat plan

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Fri Jan 7 15:17:42 UTC 2011

Oliver,

Thank you, that is helpful. The abandonment of the "Everyone
Connected" phrase from the corporate vision statement is harsh, they
could have at least substituted something like "Most everyone with
some kind of accessibility".

I was invited to join the formation of a U.S. Delegation to the ITU
Meeting on IPv6, March 15 and 16 2010 in Geneva on the issue you mention.

> ... distribute IPv6 addresses using Country Internet Registries (CIR) thus bypassing the Regional Internet Registries (RIR) system ...

I submitted written comments, as CORE's Chief Technical Officer at the
time, which I'd be happy to share on this very point, the issues
present in both the CIR and RIR models for routing resources.

I still hope to see the older vision statements. If there was one back
when the Berlin meeting took place and the Constituencies were formed,
it might have been "This might work" or "There is no Plan B".

Eric