[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Re: Draft letter to House Energy &CommerceCommittee

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Dec 15 18:38:18 UTC 2011

On 15 December 2011 09:59, Garth Bruen at Knujon.com <gbruen at knujon.com>wrote:

> I have heard "ALAC's advice was ignored again" enough times to be very
> concerned when it seems to be happening again.

It's been a long, sometimes ugly, but very real evolutionary process.
Since I've been involved in ALAC I have seen progress first-hand from
"ignored" to "heard but rejected"
Getting even to this point has required significant maturation, both of
At-Large itself and the rest of ICANN's willingness to interface with us.
There have certainly been many frustrations, but also very real
achievements and milestones to illustrate the changes.

The ongoing evolution from "heard" to "heeded" is happening -- but we have
to keep at it.

- Evan