[NA-Discuss] IMPORTANT: US Senate hearings on new gTLDs

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Dec 9 21:52:37 UTC 2011

On 08/12/2011 22:24, Beau Brendler wrote :
> The other question to ask is, did Kurt do his due multi-stakeholder diligence and actually ask what policy position(s) should be presented? Did Olivier know anything about this in advance and was he consulted? One would think that the U.S. Congress would be interested in what the end-user community might think...

I was not consulted, but given the situation, I believe that Kurt did well.

My particular concern was with Ms. E Dyson being invited to testify to
paint an ugly picture of At-Large... circa 2003. I personally support a
growing influence of At-Large in ICANN, but one thing is do not support
is to say ICANN doesn't work and needs to be replaced by another
organization. That's throwing the baby with the bathwater.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD