[NA-Discuss] Fwd: "Domain Protection Racket" Promotion on Network Solutions Home Page

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Wed Aug 31 13:08:47 UTC 2011

Garth,

I think you overlooked the URS, which is specifically tailored to the
issue you mention. The trademark holder is not forced to take over the
domain name, but his main issue (the infringing use) is resolved. Costs
should be substantially under those of the UDRP as well, but we will
have to see what prices the URS providers will arrive at.
> And for all the prostrations, Registrars are not blameless in this as
> they have developed special search engines which make cybersquatting
> in bulk easy.
Can you give an example? I have not seen registrars providing search
engines specifically tailored to enable cybersquatting.

Best,

Volker