[NA-Discuss] Fwd: "Domain Protection Racket" Promotion on Network Solutions Home Page

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Aug 29 20:09:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Beau Brendler
<beaubrendler at earthlink.net>wrote:

>   Interesting discussion on the NCSG list sort of pertaining to TLD
> marketing,
>   I'm guessing they won't mind me cross-posting it.
>    Anybody know these guys?
>   http://www.pfir.org/index.html#info

Lauren is a regular contributor to to Dave Farber's 'Interesting
People<http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/>'
list. Farber is another new gTLD sceptic. Together with Esther Dyson ( see
video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1olVmZseE> |
op-ed<http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/dyson35/English>)
there appears to be a  growing reactionary rearguard amongst older
internet cognoscenti. Included in that number is presumably also George
Sadowsky.

But aren't they trying to shut the barn door after the horse has bolted?

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com