[NA-Discuss] Bottom Up Action Procedure - Take 2

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Thu Aug 25 18:59:43 UTC 2011

OK, I have tried to incorporate all of the comments but still keep this simple and flexible.  Again, comments are actively encouraged!

1.       NARALO has a discussion on its mailing list and/or telephone conferences about a policy position it wishes the ALAC to advance.

2.       Once consensus is achieved according to the NARALO Operating Procedures, the NARALO Chair sends a request to the Chair of the ALAC clearly stating our intentions and a specific request (What do we want them to do?).

3.       A person or people from NARALO will be designated as the ALAC liaison for the specific issue and it will be their responsibility to request that the matter be given a place on the ALAC agenda.  This person or people will then present the matter to the ALAC during their regularly scheduled conference call.

4.       The liaison will then report back to the group.

How does this one sound?

ᑕᓕᓐ ᑕᒻᓴᓐ
ᓄᓇᓕᖕᓂ ᖃᕆᓴᐅᔭᕐᕕᒋᔭᐅᔪᓐᓇᕐᑐᓄᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᖅᑎ
ᑮᓇᐅᔭᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᑎᔨᒃᑯᑦ ᐱᔨᑦᑎᕋᖅᕕᖓᑦ
ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕐᓂᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᑦ
ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᖓᑦ
ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᐊᕐᕕᖓ 1000, ᐊᓪᓚᕝᕕᖓ 910
ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ, ᓄᓇᕗᑦ
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
ᐅᖄᓚᐅᑎ: 867 975-5631
ᓱᑲᑦᑐᒃᑰᕈᑎ: 867 975-5610

Taliin Taamsan
Nunalingni
Qaritauyani Atuqtauningitnun Titiraqtia Nunavut Kavamangat
Titiraqarvia 1000,
Nayugaa 910
Iqaluit, Nunavut
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
Hivayautik : 867 975-5631
Kayumiktuk : 867 975-5610

Darlene Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Corporate Services Division
Department of Education
Government of Nunavut
PO Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, Nunavut, X0A 0H0
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
Ph:   867 975-5631
Fax: 867 975-5610

Darlene Thompson
Administratrice du programme d’accès communautaire
Division des services ministériels
Ministère de l’Éducation
Gouvernement du Nunavut
Case postale 1000, Succursale 910