[NA-Discuss] On the cost of application, and Joint Application Support related

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Apr 4 19:44:42 UTC 2011

Hi again,

On 4 April 2011 12:50, Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net>wrote:

> 1. If you can, find a way to write interlinear comments that retain the
> attributions.

There weren't many in the original mail of yours that I responded to.

> 2. I described an exchange of notes on another ALAC list.

That wasn't made clear, nor was the rationale behind moving from a global
list to regional one on a global issue.

3. At no time, other than to refer to Patrick as the initial drafter of a
> document developed on that other ALAC list, did I suggest that the view I
> characterized as harmful to applicants came from that particular contributor
> to that draft. As small as the number of contributors are to that list, and
> it is quite small, that number is in excess of two (2).

Again, unclear. If you are going to say that *people* are harmful (as
opposed to their ideas or opinions), you ought to indicate who. Otherwise,
what's the point of the name-calling?

> If you could refrain from confusing issues with your highly developed sense
> of email politess, that would at least not remove information from the
> mailing list as a means of communications.

That's probably the first time in many decades of using email -- dating back
to my telly!evan UUCP days -- that I've ever been accused of excess
politeness. I can't tell whether to be flattered or insulted.

In any case, I think most would agree that email politeness is a resource
suffering from extreme scarcity.

> Anyone reading your contribution to this subject would conclude that
> Patrick and I disagree on something fundamental, which I think will surprise
> Patrick as much as it surprises me.

Excellent. That means having the two of you collaborating on a decent
consensus position will be easier than I envisioned.

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evan at telly dot org