[NA-Discuss] On the Cost Application

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 00:21:32 UTC 2011

Just so's you know Avri and FWIW, you may not transpose Alan's comments to
all of ALAC. Record my exception.

In as much as I shall not subscribe to the doctrine of inerrancy, comfort of
a few Board members will never be a consideration for any advice I will
offer as a member of ALAC.

In fact, I see my role as diametrically opposed; to afflict the comfortable,
as necessary.

Personalities differ and sometimes on the road to consensus you must go
along to get along. I sometimes agree to changes in language not because I
wish to change my opinion but rather to, in my judgment, make my opinion
more embraceable by my colleagues who are less comfortable with.....shall we
say...emotive language or controversy.

Boards are constituted of men and women who can be and sometimes are,
wrong-headed. I am ever willing to say so when I think so. The ALAC's
advice, as offered, must be driven by principles that  can stand on their
own and informed by our constituency.

Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799