[NA-Discuss] Announcement of At-Large selected voting Board Director candidates

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:53:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> As Heidi has posted, the BCEC has posted its slate of three candidates for
> the position of At-Large-selected member of the ICANN Board. A community
> call is being planned to interview
>

> As a region we now have some decisions to make
>

>   1. Are we satisfied with the slate of three candidates, or do we want to
>   participate in a petition process to add candidates who submitted
>   nominations or were left off the slate?

Yes, we are.

>   2. EURALO as a region, and Danny Younger (who was nominated as a
>   candidate but not selected for the BCEC slate) have asked for time
>   extensions to make the voting period longer. This will give more time to
>   consider the candidates but potentially postpone the sitting of the new
>   Director by up to four months. Do you as ALS representatives need more
> than
>   11 days to determine a preference?

We should keep the proposed schedule so we can seat a director in December.

>   3. As NARALO Chair and one of 20 votes in the final selection, I made a
>   commitment to find out your preferences -- amongst ALSs and individual
>   members -- between the three candidates (plus any others that may be
> added
>   by petition)
>
> Our preference will be Sebastian but I believe we (NARALO) should have a
formal (or informal vote) to find out what the majority wants.

> I would like to find out the views of NARALO members on these issues. My
> preference is that you post your response publicly (ie, to this list) but
> if
> you feel more comfortable responding privately by email or Skype, that is
> OK
> too).
>
> - Evan
>

> On 29 October 2010 00:47, Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org> wrote:
>

> > the BCEC has selected a slate of 3 candidates for the position. They are
> > identified below in alphabetical order by family name:
> >

> > ·         Sébastien Bachollet
> >
> > ·         Pierre Dandjinou
> >
> > ·         Alan Greenberg
> > [...]

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.