[NA-Discuss] Fwd: ALAC BoD Candidates

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Nov 3 03:27:36 UTC 2010

Here's the story so far.

NARALO is pretty well split down the middle on the issue of the petition for
Avri. So far I have counted (between private and public expression) four
ALSs in favour of the petition and three opposed, as well as two individual
members in favour and two opposed. And we haven't heard from everyone yet.

At very least, we certainly do not have consensus at this time, even a rough
one, and we've worked by consensus since the day NARALO was formed.

In the meantime, I will check to see what is happening in other regions. If
two other regions don't support a petition it fails no matter what we do.
And the BCEC is meeting tomorrow and may issue a statement to clarify some
rumours and unknowns.

- Evan