[NA-Discuss] Fwd: ALAC BoD Candidates

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Mon Nov 1 19:26:16 UTC 2010

I hope that people will be willing to discuss their positions openly, so
that we can have a debate on the merits and endeavor to persuade those
who disagree.

I support adding petition candidates, and Avri specifically, as a means
of democratizing the selection process and bringing additional talent to
the candidate pool.  I think it speaks poorly for At-Large to engage in
closed selection processes that pick all-male slates, and adding
petition candidates would show our ability to adapt to community concerns.

(I note that I have seen discussion in both the European and
Asia-Pacific RALO lists about the possibility of endorsing Avri's
petition, so there appears to be a genuine possibility for her to be
added to the ballot under the current rules.)

--Wendy