[NA-Discuss] Funded Workshop Proposal

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at coisoc.org
Thu Dec 9 17:03:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 06:10, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:
> Hi Danny,
>
> This is all extremely useful. However I don't think it's appropriate to keep
> this within the region. For us to be effective in moving this worward as
> advice (to both polcy and implementation) it needs to be brought to the
> wider, global forum of At-Large. There is nothing in the propoal that is
> limited in scope to North America.

While the scope of the issues are not local to North America, their
effects may be best understood from a regional viewpoint. Also,
globally scoped workshops can make travel, coordination and cost much
more onerous. I support the idea of this being a NARALO workshop and
believe that having a regional focus will be beneficial.

~Chris

> As I hope you are aware, ALAC has already take taken an official (and
> unanimously endorsed) position that the current Applicant Guidebook is
> unacceptable and against the public good. As such, an opportunity to address
> deficiencies is both welcome an appropriate IMO.
>
> - Evan

@ChrisGrundemann
weblog.chrisgrundemann.com
www.burningwiththebush.com