[lac-discuss-es] RV: [lac-discuss-en] LACRALO Elections

alberto en soto.net.ar alberto en soto.net.ar
Mar Jun 4 21:37:19 UTC 2019

FYI

De: lac-discuss-en <lac-discuss-en-bounces en atlarge-lists.icann.org> En nombre de Vanda Scartezini
Enviado el: martes, 04 de junio de 2019 06:12 p.m.
Para: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels en gmail.com>; Sergio Salinas Porto <presidencia en internauta.org.ar>
CC: LAC-Discuss-en <lac-discuss-en en icann.org>
Asunto: Re: [lac-discuss-en] LACRALO Elections
Importancia: Alta

Dear friends

>From my view, Carlton raised an interesting point alerting, as truth, that once we start the rotation process, stop it will certainly prejudice some sub regions, no matter which.

As such, in this point I totally agree with Carlton that once starts it is done.

By the other way, we need to respect our principles of community participation.

My propose to allow us to proceed, respecting the community, is the following:

a.	Let’s write a clear additive to our Rules of Procedure in force, to build a legal base.
b.	With this in hand, let’s send a written - clear and transparent - explanation of all process that brought us here, back to mediation agreement, Operative Principles,  rotation sequence agreement and the election for 2019 and let’s ask LACRALO community  just to vote Yes or No.
c.	Once we have the votes – majority wins and we proceed from there.

If we have an agreement here, I can offer to write a draft of this additive and other native colleagues will correct both text and we will draft a clear statement of the whole process asking the staff to proceed to a web poll.

Once it is done, we can ask for candidates to present themselves and the election will follow its process as normally.

Appreciate any comment

Kisses to all

Vanda Scartezini

Polo Consultores Associados