[lac-discuss-es] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] REMINDER / Meeting Invitation: ALAC Monthly Call on Tuesday, 22 May 2018 at 12:00 UTC

Alberto Soto asoto en ibero-americano.org
Lun Mayo 21 13:13:57 UTC 2018

Dear Carlos, I agree with what Ricardo expressed. In addition, LACRALO despite the fact that the issue was opened for debate, has not yet been expressed in this regard, and we must take that opinion to ALAC. We must hasten that debate in LACRALO, so that the ALAC Members have that definition before the official debate in ALAC.

Kind regards

Alberto Soto

De: lac-discuss-es <lac-discuss-es-bounces en atlarge-lists.icann.org> En nombre de Ricardo Holmquist
Enviado el: lunes, 21 de mayo de 2018 10:04 a.m.
Para: Carlos Raul Gutierrez <crg en isoc-cr.org>
CC: lac-discuss-en en icann.org; LACRALO <lac-discuss-es en atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Asunto: Re: [lac-discuss-es] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] REMINDER / Meeting Invitation: ALAC Monthly Call on Tuesday, 22 May 2018 at 12:00 UTC

Dear Carlos Raul,

The point is not in agenda, but for sure we can arise it as an AOB item.

In other hand, the actual answer from Alan Greenberg is that the NCSG letter is not official, and that once official, ALAC will answer it.

IMHO both letters were written with more hate than real toughs. I might agree that the external review have some trues, but my first reading a while ago is that it also contains a bunch of missinformation and half trues (reading both letters, I can find where they came from).

It was the work of a lot of people, not only from ALAC, but from all the RALOs, involved in the preparation of the answer, also there were at least two comment periods, and the opportunity to submit comments to the LACRALO or ALAC working on it (I was not in ALAC, nor in the WG, altough I send several comments at the time).

This is almost in the final steps of approval (or not) from the Board, to begin an implementation plan, where for sure, we all need to put more than a grain of sand to make it work, not only for ALAC, but importantly for LACRALO.

Sincerely

Ricardo Holmquist