[lac-discuss-es] RV: [At-Large] Chair's blog in advance of Vancouver Workshop

Ricardo Holmquist rihogris en gmail.com
Vie Mayo 11 08:53:05 UTC 2018

Buenos días,
como continuación a la discusión entre ICANN y el Grupo de Trabajo Artículo
29 (que junta entre otros a las Agencias de Protección de Datos de Europa),
y a quien ICANN en buena medida a pedido ayuda para revisar que su modelo
(o modelos) de WHOIS modificado se adaptan a la nueva normativa de
protección de datos de la Union Europea (GDPR), anexo les envío el link con
la carta que el Presidente de ICANN envió a la asociación mencionada.

Espero les sea de utilidad.

Saludos

Ricardo Holmquist

*Data Protection/Privacy Update: Seeking Additional Clarity from
Article 29*[image:
dpr update 10may18 en]
In a previous blog post
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/data-protection-privacy-issues-update-summarizing-our-recent-meeting-with-article-29>,
I detailed our 23 April meeting with the Article 29 Working Party (WP29)
Technology Subgroup in Brussels. This meeting was an important follow-up to
the letter
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/jelinek-to-marby-11apr18-en.pdf>
 [PDF, 400 KB] that WP29 sent us on 11 April, and we remain appreciative of
the opportunity to receive their feedback on the progress made in
developing an interim compliance model.
It was clear after our meeting that a number of important questions still
remained, and we agreed to provide a letter requesting additional input on
how to bring the ICANN org and contracted parties into compliance with the
law. That letter was sent to the WP29, and is available here
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/marby-to-jelinek-10may18-en.pdf>
 [PDF, 564 KB].
We hope that the WP29's reply will provide us with greater clarity and
guidance as we move forward.
Our ongoing dialogue with the WP29 has been a key part of our overall work
to identify a model that will both maintain the current WHOIS to the
greatest extent possible, while also complying with the European Union's
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is important that we strike
the right balance that allows us to both maintain a stable and secure
Internet and comply with our bylaw obligations relating to WHOIS, while
also ensuring compliance with the law.
As always, you can follow the latest updates on our dedicated Data
Protection/Privacy page <https://www.icann.org/dataprotectionprivacy>. We
welcome the community's input and invite you to email your thoughts to
gdpr en icann.org.

* Details*

   - ICANN Blog
   - Author: Göran Marby, ICANN President and CEO