[lac-discuss-es] [lac-discuss-en] RES: Event Caribnog in Jamaica

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty en gmail.com
Jue Mar 3 02:12:27 UTC 2016

Niran,

I have referred to the geography as "subregion" in an attempt to keep the
LAC region of ICANN in communication at the ground level of our
organizations and people; to maintain the long-term, big-picture view. The
policy of including people from different subregions in CROPP activity was
made long ago as a good-faith way to actively avoid the looming splintering
among organizations with claims for representation in the region. The unity
of the region has been recognized recently by the "regions study" and there
is little wiggle room there (all that is available must be used, of course.)

I deliberately have left out any nominations of individuals in order to
leave open the possibility of volunteers who can effectively bridge the
many different conditions we all face. I am not a volunteer for this
activity.

Other participations in this discussion have given a different kind of
signal. After months of silence and abstaining from an election we now have
a couple of messages, one line of which is asking for travel support and
the other stereotyping negatively a large part of our community. That, for
me, is a conversation-stopper. I hope those able to travel to Marrakech can
meet in a constructive mood and achieve face-to-face the communication that
is hard to achieve by email and has been proven impossible just now. I am
out except for the need to reply to unmotivated, unfair attacks such as
have already been read again today. It seems that we are back into the
terrain where an intervention of third parties has been called for and must
wait till that is resolved.

I am sad that your potentially good-faith question to me has been drowned
out by others. We almost got something constructive going.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Niran Beharry <nbeharrytt en gmail.com> wrote:

> So Alejandro are you suggesting that someone outside the region mentor Derisma
> Queslin along with all the unique economic, cultural and historical
> challenges we experience in the Caribbean, and if so who do you suggest ?
> Or are you just taking an ideological stance practical and realistic
> benefits for that person and the overall goals and outcomes for CROPP be
> damned ?
> Niran Beharry
>

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:18 PM, <carlton.samuels en gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> [[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
>>
>>  Subject: Re: RES: Event Caribnog in Jamaica
>>  from: carlton.samuels en gmail.com
>>
>>  Really now!
>>

>>  I have retreated From this list it depresses the spirit Because .... and
>> take
>>  away from the quality of my life.
>>

>>  May be the member from Ibero-America is in a time zone 12 hours That Is
>>  ahead of us. But the record will show this is yet another example of the
>>  LACRALO [former] leadership tendency to dictatorial Franco-style
>> Behaviour.
>>

>>  And Why They no longer enjoy my respect. Or acknowledgment.
>>

>>  This well know. The rump That is LACRALO leadership will never be allowed
>>  to define the Caribbean's experience or ITS needs. PERIOD.
>>

>>  I am Jamaican. I know what is happening in Jamaica and the Caribbean at
>>  large. Quite apart from the fact We were never Consulted, the proposal
>>  CROPP for Derisma under Queslin to Attend CaribNOG major shows
>>  deficiencies. And a woeful ignorance of our situation.
>>

>>  Most CaribNOG are Inglés-speaking attendees.The senior leadership of
>>  CaribNOG are very much aware of the technical aspects of ICANN
>> engagement;
>>  Bevil Wooding check out here:
>>  http://www.root-dnssec.org/tcr/selection-2010/
>>

>>  I do not know Derisma Queslin. But I can Assure You That Given the goals
>> of
>>  CROPP, I am not aware That Derisma Queslin have the experience or
>> previous
>>  Involvement in ICANN and ICANN At-Large to Effectively execute outreach
>>  Inglés-speaking Caribbean mostly At-Large interests on the Behalf of
>> ICANN
>>  At-Large.
>>

>>  CROPP has a residual purpose of outreach and engagement. So We Could
>> make a
>>  very weak case for Derisma Queslin to Attend With the goal of Having That
>>  Become more person engaged in ICANN At Large. But absent direct
>> mentoring,
>>  That goal would not likely to be successfully Realized.
>>

>>  The Proposal Submitted By Jacqueline Morris falls inline Directly With
>> The
>>  Desired goals and outcomes for CROPP. My friend and colleague Bevil
>>  Wooding is the convenor and in chareg of the book at CaribNOG. Jacqueline
>>  Already have a speaking slot at assured CaribNOG 11 THUS raising the
>>  profile of ICANN At-Large at CaribNOG 11.Jacqueline Could Also mentor
> [...]

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty