[lac-discuss-es] Nuevo CEO de ICANN/New ICANN CEO

Rodrigo de la Parra rodrigo.delaparra en icann.org
Lun Feb 8 16:23:51 UTC 2016

Experienced Technology Leader Named as ICANN President and CEO

Göran Marby, currently Director-General of the Swedish Post and Telecom
Authority (PTS) to start at ICANN May 2016

Los Angeles, CaliforniaŠ Göran Marby, an experienced business executive and
government leader has been named the next President and Chief Executive
Officer of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).

³I¹m delighted to announce Göran as the new head of ICANN,² said Dr. Stephen
Crocker, Chair of the ICANN Board of Directors. "His leadership experience
as a technology CEO and start up founder as well as his current experience
as Director-General of the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority will be
invaluable as ICANN moves towards the next chapter in its history. We
conducted an extensive, global search and Göran impressed us all throughout
with his shared values, operational experience and understanding of the
Internet ecosystem. I¹m looking forward to working with him and what I know
will be his substantial contribution to ICANN and to helping ensure a
stable, secure and unified global Internet.²

Marby is a Swedish citizen, currently living in Stockholm. He and his family
will be relocating to Los Angeles, California the location of one of ICANN¹s
three global hubs.

³I am very excited to be joining ICANN and joining at the start of a new era
for the organization and the community,² said Marby. ³While I know there is
much for me to learn, I am eager to work with ICANN¹s multistakeholder
community to continue all the good work that ICANN has been doing and am
very committed to implementing the community¹s decisions ­ both with respect
to the IANA Stewardship Transition, but also in the myriad important areas
of ICANN policy development as it fulfills its mission.²

Marby will succeed current President and CEO Fadi Chehadé whose term
finishes on March 15, 2016. Marby will join ICANN in May 2016. During this
time, Akram Atallah, President of ICANN¹s Global Domains Division will serve
as acting CEO.

³I am very grateful to Akram for agreeing to step into this role and
providing the continuity and leadership ICANN needs at such an important
time,² said Dr Crocker.

Göran Marby has more than 20 years of experience in the Internet and
technology sectors. Prior to joining PTS he co-founded AppGate Network
Security AB a security software company where he served as CEO between 2002
and 2009 with a focus on international customers and operations.

He has held several other leadership roles in the Internet and technology
sectors including as CEO of Cygate a network services company, Country
Manager for Cisco in Sweden and as CEO of Unisource Business Networks in
Sweden.

Marby holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Gothenburg School
Economics.

--------------------------
Rodrigo de la Parra
rodrigo.delaparra en icann.org
@rdelapar
Vicepresidente para América Latina y el Caribe
La Casa de Internet de Latinoamérica y el Caribe
Rambla República de México 6125
Montevideo, 11400
Uruguay
ICANN