[lac-discuss-es] RV: [NRO-IANAXFER] ICANN Statement re IANA Intellectual Property (IPR)

Alberto Soto asoto en ibero-americano.org
Sab Ago 15 20:40:14 UTC 2015

Estimados, importante decisión. FYI

Saludos cordiales

Alberto Soto

De: ianaxfer-bounces en nro.net [mailto:ianaxfer-bounces en nro.net] En nombre de
Steve Crocker
Enviado el: sábado, 15 de agosto de 2015 1:37 p. m.
Para: ianaplan en ietf.org; cwg-stewardship en icann.org; ianaxfer en nro.net
CC: Steve Crocker <steve.crocker en icann.org>
Asunto: [NRO-IANAXFER] ICANN Statement re IANA Intellectual Property (IPR)

The following is our formal statement on the IANA IPR.  We will post this on
our website ASAP.

Steve Crocker

On behalf of the ICANN Board of Directors

ICANN Statement re IANA Intellectual Property (IPR)

We support the ICG proposal and the underlying proposals from CWG, CRISP and
IANAPLAN.  The ICANN Board is focused on how to implement the IPR component
of the proposal.  The ICANN Board believes that for stability and pragmatic
operational reasons, the IANA Functions Operator must have operational
control over the  <http://iana.org/> IANA.ORG domain.  During the
transition, ICANN is prepared to transfer full ownership of the IANA-related
trademarks to a neutral third party mutually agreed among the operational
communities with the understanding that ICANN, as the current IANA Functions
Operator, will be granted license to those trademarks and ICANN will
maintain operational control of the  <http://iana.org/> IANA.ORG domain for
as long as ICANN remains the IANA Functions Operator.  If the transfer
during the transition affects the timeline, we advise delay until after the
transition.  In that event ICANN is ready to hold the IPR as interim measure
but commits to transfer it within 120 days after the neutral third party is
identified by the operational communities.

We believe this is neutral and in the public interest. We look forward to
hearing anyone in the community.

---