[lac-discuss-es] Fwd: ALS Fayre and Poster Exhibition Opening - Details for LACRALO

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels en uwimona.edu.jm
Jue Feb 26 09:17:52 EST 2009

For your advice and adoption.

Carlton Samuels
LACRALO Secretariat

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Please find information below and attached with Spanish Translation with
details and logistics for the ALS Fayre and Poster Exhibition Opening.  Your
support to help generate interest and communicate this information to
members within the LACRALO is appreciated. Please let me know if you have
any questions or needs at leslie en kc-a.com.  We look forward to making the
ALS Fayre and Poster Exhibition Opening a success!

*ALS FAYRE AND POSTER EXHIBITION OPENING*
Sunday - 1 March
18:30 - 20:30
Melia Reforma Hotel - Revolucion 1

*ROOM LAYOUT and SET-UP*
Each RALO will be provided the following: (1) 6ft table draped
in your RALO's color to visually distinguish the region, (1) table sign on
easel indicating your RALO affiliation (i.e., NARALO) and (1) Exhibit Wall
(2.50 meters high x 1 meter wide), made of fabric so items can be pinned
or affixed. There will be one laptop and  monitor provided in the room for
everyone to share and showcase any displays created in this medium or you
may provide your own laptop for your area's display.  There will be a
technician to assist you with your CD’s or USB files. We can provide easels
upon request. There will not be simultaneous interpretation, or a screen and
lcd projector as earlier indicated.

You can begin setting up Sun-1 March at 16:00.  We understand there are
 sessions taking place during this time.  Therefore, we are happy to
accept materials, posters, brochures, USB's in advance on-site.  We will
have a Hospitality Desk on Fri-Feb 27 at the Melia just off the Main Lobby
from 09:00-19:00.  We can accept items then or connect with one of
us whenever convenient before the Poster Exhibition.  We will hold your
items in the Summit Office then bring into Revolucion 1 for your
set-up beginning
at 16:00.

*IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES:*
There is a Business Center at the Melia Hotel for basic copy and print
needs. There is an Office Depot approximately 15 minute cab ride from the
Melia.  It is open Mon-Fri 08:00-20:00, Sat 09:00-20:00, closed on Sundays.
They can make photo copies bxw or color and have a one day lead time
for large jobs or same day turnaround for smaller printing needs.  They also
sell various office supplies should you need poster board, velcro, etc.
They will accept Visa, Master Card and American Express.  We will provide
you with their address and an alternative option that is open on Sundays
from 09:00-21:00 in the Welcome Letter you will receive upon arrival.

*RECEPTION*
The Fellows will be joining us for the Poster Exhibition Opening and a
Reception featuring beer, wine, soft drinks and light hors d'oeuvres.  This
will be a private gathering giving the ALSes a chance to meet and speak to
this group of attendees who are all new to the ICANN community.

Kind regards, Leslie

*Leslie Honaker*
*Conference Planner*

ICANN At-Large Summit - Mexico City
107 S. Southgate Dr. * Chandler, AZ 85226
P: +1 480-403-4612   F: +1 480-893-7775
leslie en kc-a.com